Monday, July 23, 2012

Galaxy Zoo Science Wordl

(Cross post from Galaxy Zoo blog) I've given a couple of public talks recently on results on galaxy evolution from Galaxy Zoo (at the Hampshire Astronomical Group, and the Winchester Science Festival) and one of the things I like to point out is the quantity and variety of science results we're getting out. To illustrate that I made the below wordl of words appearing in the abstracts of all the peer reviewed science papers the Galaxy Zoo science team have put out.

   

 This is based on the 30 papers about astronomical objects submitted up until July 2012. I just missed Brooke's first paper submitted by a day or two, and I love that this was out of date just as soon as I made it. :) I realise I should sort out things like per cent - percent, and galaxy, Galaxy, galaxies technically being the same thing. But still I think it's interesting to look out.


No comments:

Post a Comment