Anyway I answered the question to the best of my ability at the time, and didn't think much of it.
To date, almost 2 million people have read that answer, and it's led to numerous other questions about 21st December 2012, including a radio appearance on Montel Across America on the topic.
I did what I assume will be my last interview on the topic earlier this week, now appearing in the Southport High School Journal for 21st December 2012.
Here's my final answers (note aimed to be read by a US High School audience)! I am a bit surprised to have no real plans to celebrate the (lack of) end of the world, but it is true that I will get to enjoy a day at home with my young son.
2. Have there been any signs?
3. Why has the Mayan December 2012 theory been so widely spread, while others have not?
4. What do you think will happen Dec. 21? What will you be doing that day?
5. What do you think of those who believe it will end?
6. What does the Mayan calendar actually mean, if it doesn't mean the world will end?
7. Do you know of any statistics or interesting facts regarding this topic? (I.e., how many believe it will happen? Mayan facts?)
8. Any other feelings or last words regarding this topic, or things you think we should know?